- First Running Specific Model
- The Bikila retails for $100
- New podded sole design helps distribute impact naturally
- Incredibly soft Dri-Lex insole
Vibram's Website Says:
"Unlike any other running shoe on the market. A breakthrough in running shoe design, Bikila® is our first model designed specifically to promote a more natural, healthier and more efficient forefoot strike. While many folks have been running in their Vibram FiveFingers® for years, the Bikila® is our first model created exclusively for a more natural running experience."
- New pod out-sole design distributes forefoot impact without compromising ground feedback
- Single hook-and-loop closure for added security and easy on-off
- 3m Reflective material for added safety in low light situations
- Re-enforced toe protection (for avoiding snags)
- Machine Washable, Air Dry
- The Bikila sizes like the KSO but is not as wide.
- Slightly thicker sole takes away from ground feedback, this can also be a plus for people transitioning to minimalist running
- Limited Supplies.
The Bikila is one of Vibram's best designed shoes with lots of little extras. It was created specifically for running, although it can be worn for various activities. While running in the Bikila you feel fast and light on your feet. The pods add great traction on a variety of surfaces allowing you to maintain your stride easier. The Bikila, even with the new podded sole, provides great ground feedback allowing you to keep that essential mind/body connection. All together the Bikila is a step up from the average Vibram FiveFinger. If you can find a pair to buy, jump on it. They are selling out quick from every online retailer and distribution seems to be random at best.