Interesting fact: FiveFinger sizes vary from model to model!
This makes finding your size a bit more difficult, but no need to fear. Our FiveFingers Sizing Guide will walk you through the process. To start you need two things - A ruler and your feet.
Tip: Make sure when you measure, you are standing. Your feet are at maximum length when they are bearing weight.
Here is the process for sizing your FiveFingers:
- Stand with your heels flush against a flat vertical wall.
- Slide a ruler under each foot and measure the distance from the wall to the tip of the longest toe.
- Take the longer of the two foot measurements.
- If the foot length varies more than 1/6 in. it will be difficult to get a precise fit for both feet.
- If your second toe is more than 1/6 in. longer than your big toe it may be difficult to get a precise fit.
After you have found your measurement compare it to the chart pictured above (click chart to zoom in).
Even if you are going to a local store to try on Vibram FiveFingers, it is good to have an idea of what size you will need. Many salesman will not realize that there are size discrepancies between models and gender.
Also, when trying on your FiveFingers, notice the space between the end of your toes and the toe pockets. If your toes are too snug in the toe pockets then you may need to try on a bigger size.
Please your questions and additional sizing tips in the comment section!